Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

registration marks?

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pbaccinelli, Jun 5, 2012.

1. pbaccinelli

pbaccinelli New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I am having difficulties attempting to print registration marks so that I can laminate and then go back and cut. In my flexi 7.5 no mater which setting I select...( print only, contour only, or hybrid job) the registration (crop) mark drop down remains on no crop marks and will not let me select any of the crop mark selections.... I have looked in the flexi manual... searched etc. I have never cut separate from printing and need to print today. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance :):wavingflag:

Pamela

Tags:
  2. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here.
    Did you set your contour cut on what you actually want cut?

3. pbaccinelli

pbaccinelli New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, I did. Two contour cuts around my boat graphics.

4. pbaccinelli

pbaccinelli New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    I did not put actual reg. or crop marks in the file. The manual reads as if after choosing the right settings this will be done automatically when i print?

5. pbaccinelli

pbaccinelli New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Not sure how to do that but am working on it. Have to run and get kiddos. Will be back. Somewhat sleep deprived :)

6. bob

bob Major Contributor

Nov 4, 2005
    earth
    That should be exactly what will happen assuming you used Flexi to make the contour or you created the contour cut path, selected them, and set them to be contour cuts.

7. pbaccinelli

pbaccinelli New Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Yes, I created the cut paths in illustrator and set contour cuts in flexi as I have done, (and cut with) many times before, but always the same time I am printing.

I just set up crop marks from the shape menu and placed them in my flexi file. I saved the cut file and am going to try to see if the printer will pick them up automatically or if I can line them up myself....(scary)

just found this link... going to look at it more closely...after some coffee...

I was told before by two different people that they should print automatically though... going to keep plugging away. My specialty... learning things the hard way lol :) any advice welcome and thanks :)

here is the link I found
    http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23634421/Print-Cut-as-Separate-Jobs-on-the-SP300

8. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    In the "driver options", are you un-clicking "cut after print"? And on the "contour options" can you change your registration mark type?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  9. Scott Reynolds

Scott Reynolds Active Member

Feb 5, 2005
    I sorta feel stupid for even asking any questions or trying to help, I haven't cut and print in flexi for 5 years. :covereyes:

10. DizzyMarkus

DizzyMarkus Active Member

Jan 23, 2012
    yupper Print and Cut from Versaworks :0)

Markus

11. Stour

Stour New Member

May 14, 2012
    British Columbia
    Just wonder how you made out on this issue. I am running into the same problems.