• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

registration marks?

pbaccinelli

I am having difficulties attempting to print registration marks so that I can laminate and then go back and cut. In my flexi 7.5 no mater which setting I select...( print only, contour only, or hybrid job) the registration (crop) mark drop down remains on no crop marks and will not let me select any of the crop mark selections.... I have looked in the flexi manual... searched etc. I have never cut separate from printing and need to print today. Am I missing something here? Thanks in advance :):wavingflag:

Pamela

tsgstl

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark here.
Did you set your contour cut on what you actually want cut?

pbaccinelli

I did not put actual reg. or crop marks in the file. The manual reads as if after choosing the right settings this will be done automatically when i print?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I did not put actual reg. or crop marks in the file. The manual reads as if after choosing the right settings this will be done automatically when i print?

That should be exactly what will happen assuming you used Flexi to make the contour or you created the contour cut path, selected them, and set them to be contour cuts.

pbaccinelli

Yes, I created the cut paths in illustrator and set contour cuts in flexi as I have done, (and cut with) many times before, but always the same time I am printing.

I just set up crop marks from the shape menu and placed them in my flexi file. I saved the cut file and am going to try to see if the printer will pick them up automatically or if I can line them up myself....(scary)

just found this link... going to look at it more closely...after some coffee...

I was told before by two different people that they should print automatically though... going to keep plugging away. My specialty... learning things the hard way lol :) any advice welcome and thanks :)

here is the link I found
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/23634421/Print-Cut-as-Separate-Jobs-on-the-SP300