Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registration marks

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by drakesis, Aug 2, 2012.

1. drakesis

drakesis Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to make Flexi print the registration marks in the same spot colour as the rest of my artwork.

For example, I set the artwork to be Spot-Black, but it'll not print the marks. It'll only print the marks as process-black and then ask for the colour change for spot-black before printing the artwork...?

Tags:
  2. RG

RG Member

Dec 6, 2006
    South Mississippi
    I'm not one of the Gerber experts here, but I do this all the time. I think you have to have the process-black box checked or it will not print the registration mark(s). Just let the spot-black foil be the only foil you use. When the printer instructs you to put in the process-black foil, ignore that and use the spot-black foil. The printer doesn't know which foil is installed. Just don't try this with a spot-white foil on white or transparent vinyl.

3. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    or set your artwork to process black

4. drakesis

drakesis Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I figured that out last night, I was thinking there's got to be a way from having to press the button a few times.... I guess process black it is... lol. Thanks guys!

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    if you need it to be spot instead of the process (for opacity or whatever) just sub the spot foil when it asks for the process foil