• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Registration marks

drakesis

Hey guys, I've been trying to figure out how to make Flexi print the registration marks in the same spot colour as the rest of my artwork.

For example, I set the artwork to be Spot-Black, but it'll not print the marks. It'll only print the marks as process-black and then ask for the colour change for spot-black before printing the artwork...?

RG

I'm not one of the Gerber experts here, but I do this all the time. I think you have to have the process-black box checked or it will not print the registration mark(s). Just let the spot-black foil be the only foil you use. When the printer instructs you to put in the process-black foil, ignore that and use the spot-black foil. The printer doesn't know which foil is installed. Just don't try this with a spot-white foil on white or transparent vinyl.

drakesis

I figured that out last night, I was thinking there's got to be a way from having to press the button a few times.... I guess process black it is... lol. Thanks guys!

J Hill Designs

if you need it to be spot instead of the process (for opacity or whatever) just sub the spot foil when it asks for the process foil