• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Relational Database Software

quikseps

Looking for a preconfigured database structure, hopefully for FileMaker Pro that keeps track of inventory sold, primarily t-shirts where we can enter for example (40-M, 80-L, 50-XL, 30-XXL - Style #300) just printed into inventory and as this particular style is being sold, the relational database structure deducts from current inventory levels and generates stock reports on demand?

This seems to be easy enough to set up with a single product but when multiple choices, in this case sizes of the same style come into play, it gets crazy to develop.

I figure there must be some sort of product out there which accomplishes exactly this.

Any suggestions?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Seems like that would have to be part of an invoicing and accounting database to capture it as you go. Are you treating the items as separate inventory items or just the same item but with size and style set as options?

quikseps

There in-lies the problem...we're treating a particular style as one item with different sizes. If we had to assign each size, in most cases small through 4XL (7 sizes) a totally different item number with the same description, our invoices would be 5 pages long on orders containing say 10 items and 5 sizes of each. Plus that could be confusing and labor intensive to enter.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Then it would seem that the next best thing would be to create a separate inventory database and manually deduct the totals once a day.

fozzyber

Make a separate DB in access, and hook in to your other DB using odbc. You might need a pivot table, It might be more trouble than it is worth.