• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Remember When...

vid

I have a rush project to put together 4 images of pop culture for each decades of the
1970s
1980s
1990s
2000s​

I'm looking for ideas where photos are readily available on stock image sites. Aside from disco balls and Seattle grunge, I'm having a tough time remembering those decades without tipping my hat to a less than gentle lifestyle. They've got to be fairly tame images. No Drugs... No Wars... you know, "happy" thoughts

What do you remember of pop culture of those eras?...

Rubik's Cube
Boom Boxes
Black Trans Am
Aviator Sunglasses...?​

Thanks for your time!

Bigdawg

Just Me
70s
Peace signs, yellow/black smiley faces, recording songs off the radio on cassette tapes, leisure suits

80s
Hair Bands, cabbage patch dolls, garbage pail kids - OP's mullet :smile:

90s
Pogs (remember them?), the internets, apple computers

fmg

I have a rush project to put together 4 images of pop culture for each decades of the
1970s
1980s
1990s
2000s​
I'm looking for ideas where photos are readily available on stock image sites. Aside from disco balls and Seattle grunge, I'm having a tough time remembering those decades without tipping my hat to a less than gentle lifestyle. They've got to be fairly tame images. No Drugs... No Wars... you know, "happy" thoughts

What do you remember of pop culture of those eras?...
Rubik's Cube
Boom Boxes
Black Trans Am
Aviator Sunglasses...?​
Thanks for your time!
This is an awsome sight for boom boxes, walkmans etc etc .Some of the members have some amazing pictures of their collections in the boombox collection gallery.
http://www.stereo2go.com/forums

Mosh

1970s - Dirt NY City, Original Star Wars
1980s - Swatch Watches, Spandex
1990s - Bill Cilnton playing the Sax, Bill Clinton getting his "Sax" played LOL
2000s - Liberal hatred of GW, Cell Phone Mania

I could do this all night....

vid

cabbage patch dolls, garbage pail kids, Pogs (remember them?), the internets, apple computers, Swatch Watches, Spandex...​

NIIIIIIIIIIICE!

...and leg warmers!

vid

1970s - Dirt NY City, Original Star Wars
1980s - Swatch Watches, Spandex
1990s - Bill Cilnton playing the Sax, Bill Clinton getting his "Sax" played LOL
2000s - Liberal hatred of GW, Cell Phone Mania

I could do this all night....

I tried to propose using the Star Wars font for the header to the 70's... too much. It's more of a Kenny Loggins crowd... errrr that's the image they want to present, anyway.

tsgstl

70's
Life cereal, facial hare, big cars, pinto, kiss, tight jeans

80's
Chest hair, gold lightning bolt necklace, parachute pants, michael jackson, delorean, atari

90's
Bangs, beepers, clock necklace, pulp fiction, lolapalooza, coffee houses, krispy kreme, suped up 5.0 mustangs, gangster rap

00's
Boy in the balloon hoax haha, smart phones, green energy, flat screen TV, lord of the rings, bad music,

vid

70's
Life cereal, facial hare, big cars, pinto, kiss, tight jeans

80's
Chest hair, gold lightning bolt necklace, parachute pants, michael jackson, delorean, atari

90's
Bangs, beepers, clock necklace, pulp fiction, lolapalooza, coffee houses, krispy kreme, super up 5.0 mustangs, gangster rap

00's
Boy in the balloon hoax haha, smart phones, green energy, flat screen TV, lord of the rings, bad music,

That was ladled with awesome sauce!