• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rememberance 12/7/1941

signage

upload_2020-12-7_7-41-38.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We remember so much. Pearl Harbor, along with so many others, will live in our hearts forever.

204SignGuy

Assistant to the Regional Manager
Many good men and women gave their lives that day for the freedom that the whole world gets to enjoy today. It is a sacrifice that will never be forgotten.

Reveal1

That started a chain of events that had my father volunteering, requiring his parents permission, in the Marines at age 17, combat on Okinawa and occupying Nagasaki immediately after the bomb.

MikePro

Pearl Harbor is what sent my grandfather and his Marine buddies to Iwo Jima.
Came back with a Purple Heart and made a buncha babies and a sign company.

Amazing to think how I most likely wouldn't exist, if not for Pearl Harbor.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
My Dear Ol' Dad survived the sinking of the BB Oklahoma. An explosion threw him across the deck, over the rail and into the burning water. That explosion killed every friend he had in the Navy.
One day I made the comment he was from a generation of heroes.
In his own special way, he gave a snort and replied they weren't heroes, but folks that had a job in front of them and no one else was around to do it.
He would have had his 100th B-Day last month.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that supposed to be funny or what ?? I guess there's a reason you keep your profile hidden.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, it's not funny in any way, shape or form. You're making fun/light of dead people..... and American dead people at that. Some who gave their life up and others who were civilian casualties, while some just got sick and passed......... how is that funny ??

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Well, it's not funny in any way, shape or form. You're making fun/light of dead people..... and American dead people at that. Some who gave their life up and others who were civilian casualties, while some just got sick and passed......... how is that funny ??
Alright you persuaded me to take it away as in bad taste. I do have a sadly dark humour about everything.