• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removable Cut Vinyl

Centro Graphics

Hi Guys

We have a job that requires short term (two weeks) cut graphics to PVC heavy duty banner material. Without going into the ins and outs of the story behind this job, any experiences/best material you have used that will come off easiest without, or minimal glue left behind. Letters are over 4ft tall in black.

We are thinking Avery 500 matte, though any heads up on materials would be great.

Thank you.

bannertime

We call these "program banners." We've used Oracal 631 and Series 50. Series 50 is hit or miss, but 631 always comes off and it can come off too soon. Wouldn't go longer than a month. Two weeks in cold weather, you could get away with regular vinyl. Depending on how many times you need to change the graphics. Some of our have had the dates changed twice a year for over 7 years now.

Centro Graphics

Thanks for the recommendations guys. The 631 sounds like the one for this project.

Bannertime, you say maybe too soon? what like it may peel off? It will be outside for 2 weeks on a HD PVC banner material it will be affected by wind, and it can get a little cold but not crazy. Will probably be exposed to the sun too, absorbing heat with being black. We will test both the 631 and 3M series 50 for this. Any issues with leaving a ghost image after removal? Background PVC color is white.

bannertime

Like 98% chance it'll be just fine. The times we've used Series 50 we still had adhesive to remove or else you'll get dirt and grime which causes a dirty "ghost" image. Typically with the 631, you'll see edge curl, but I don't think that'll happen in two weeks. Maybe a month or two.

Centro Graphics

Thanks bannertime. we have ordered the 631, see how it goes on the job. we did a test last week, seems decent coming off.

We are also adding a big printed logo to same job, usually use 3M IJ35 or IJ40 any other recommendations for easy removal.

Thanks

Centro Graphics

Hello All

Reviving this thread, as we have another project similar to the above, but will be on for 1 year max. Any suggestions other than stated above?

Thanks

Reveal1

We would likely print/cut Avery 2921. Don't need to stock a bunch of colors and it's great for removable graphics on temp store windows which is our main use.

johnnysigns

We used to use high performance vinyl for this, but I think there's definitely better alternatives that have been shared already.