• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing Channel Letter Tracking

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Hi, does anyone know what the safest way to remove the tracking from a face without braking the face? It's glued on not screwed. I heat it up and pull and it's starting to pull away but it's a slow process. Anyone have any good ideas?

J Hill Designs

i crack it off away from the acrylic like so:

Attachments

• remtrimcap.jpg
    remtrimcap.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 135

rydods

Member for quite some time.
You are correct Mosh, customer wants to re-use the faces for a regular translucent vinyl lettered lighted sign. Thanks! The face is poly so im thinking the tracks should pull off without hurting the faces but just wanted to check to see if there was an easy way to do this.

John L

Letter Tracks? I think you may mean Letter Trim? The plastic edging around the Acrylic Channel Letter Faces?

If so, you can hit the joint with a little of the Weldon glue that is used to adhere the letter trim (the watery stuff). For about 3 seconds, it will soften the bond and you can remove it. Work in sections of about 10-12" around each letter. Then, please, use the old letters only as a pattern to make the customer some new faces so we don't suspect you're a hack.

Good luck.