• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Removing die sublimation from Aluminum

Jarvis

Has anyone been able to remove what appears to be die sublimated ink from aluminum? I would replace the aluminum, but if came from an office with a tinted color of aluminum that I haven't been able to match. So, to remove the old tenants name, I've tried alcohol, xylene, lacquer thinner, acetone, and nothing seems to touch it so far. Anybody run into this before? Thanks!

D2S

It mostly likely was a white piece they dye subbed with to make the color you are looking for best bet would be just dye sub the whole job

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Heat it up to 400 degrees and let it sublimate again. I have never done this and don't know if it will work but it makes sense to me!

Shaun S

MEK works for most of the inks in this industry. A can of it is cheap and I always have some in the shop. Pour a little bit on and let it sit and dissolve the ink away.