• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

removing large vinyl from raw aluminum trailer

gabagoo

Would a high pressure washer be the best way to remove large graphics from a raw aluminum trailer?

pro's and con's?

rjssigns

Steam pressure washer should rip them right off. Steam is the key. Clients daughter removed the graphics off of a shop truck with one. I always laugh when I think about it. Why wouldn't you stop after the first side?:confused:

T_K

Steam pressure washer should rip them right off. Steam is the key. Clients daughter removed the graphics off of a shop truck with one. I always laugh when I think about it. Why wouldn't you stop after the first side?:confused:

So I take it the daughter wasn't supposed to be removing the graphics? Maybe a case of "I'll be helpful and wash the truck....Oops!"?

BrianH311

Would a high pressure washer be the best way to remove large graphics from a raw aluminum trailer?

pro's and con's?

We are finding that steam is great for removing cut vinyl and wraps alike.

I’ve used a heat gun for years with rapid remover and the steam is working better for us. Be patient and wear some good gloves. Plus make sure to charge enough to make the effort REALLY worth the time:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnnysigns

We've done them with heat & clean any adhesive left or hot pressure washer method. That's not always feasible or available, but it works if you give it a go.