• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reomving stuck magnetic door signs

onesource

Yup bonded.. and this is the so called good stuff Magnum. I know customers should remove them often and even tell them, but the fact is they will not do it.
Anyone found a sound method for removing without damaging paint?
Thanks in advance....

omgsideburns

i think magnum changed something recently because that was becoming a problem with the last few rolls we had, and now all the new rolls feel like they have a coating on the back side.

Poconopete

Yup bonded.. and this is the so called good stuff Magnum. I know customers should remove them often and even tell them, but the fact is they will not do it.
Anyone found a sound method for removing without damaging paint?
Thanks in advance....
ice it down or steam it and use a lil chisler and lots of elbow grease.

petepaz

we have used plastic razor blades
heat it up a little
and just be gentle
(maybe you could try one of those "lil chizler" scrapers)

Pat Whatley

Icing it down helps a lot. Once it's good and cold you can "chip" it off with plastic razor blades.

Pressure washing will work, sometimes.

DO NOT do what the customer who sued me did and use a combination of a metal kitchen spatula and paint scraper to scrape the paint off with the magnetic.

Remember the good old days when the complaints were always that the magnetics would just blow off?

Mosh

We put a disclaimer right on the invoice. About removing the signs EVERYDAY and such and such, and that the customer uses the signs at their own risk.. That way when there is a problem, and there is at least once a year, it falls on them. I was taken to small claims court once. I showed the judge a copy of the invoice and the case was dropped.

Pat Whatley

I got sued because the women were both legal secretaries. My guess is they didn't have to pay to have the TEN PAGE claim written.

I picked both of them apart line by line in my written reply to the judge.

One of them went as far as having the sheriff deliver follow up paperwork which I took as mere intimidation. The other had a runner come by twice to deliver an "adjustment to claim" and again to bring by "disclosure" paperwork. Again, legal intimidation.

In both cases they dropped charges the day we were supposed to meet in small claims court.

rigosign

Luckly, I haven't ran into this problem yet but I will be adding something on my invoice to cover my a$$.

mark in tx

Every box of magnetic comes with a disclaimer that you can use to make up your own and include a copy with every magnet you sell.
Not a bad idea to add it to your invoices or receipts for magnetics.