• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Repairing damaged laminate?

CES020

I have a customer that we wrapped a vehicle for and they came by to show some minor damage on their door. Apparently they opened the door with something in the way and the door hit one of those spots in it's hinge where it just pops to the next notch and it hit something. I don't know what, but it's two small spots that just barely broke the laminate. I hit it with a torch and it immediately got about 50% less visible. We're talking about 2 small spots less than 1/8" in diameter. Unfortunately, it's on a black part of the graphic, so it's visible.

They are open for anything, and also willing to have us create a new panel if needed, but asked for our suggestions.

Is there any way to repair it? I wondered if a small circle of clear lam on it would work.

Anyone got any tips or tricks for repairing things like that?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
If it''s that big of an issue, offer to reprint that panel and reapply, charging them accordingly. It wasn't your fault, right?

I would say reprint the panel and reapply. Anything you do to change the single panel is going to look different then the rest of the car. Give them the cheaper liquid fix but tell them not going to look like brand new.

CES020

If it''s that big of an issue, offer to reprint that panel and reapply, charging them accordingly. It wasn't your fault, right?

They are happy to do whatever we suggest, including printing another panel if needed. I just picked up some edge sealer, we'll try that, if it doesn't make them happy, then we'll reprint it and they'll pay for it, no issues.