• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Replaced encoder strip, and encoder board, still getting black lines and bars printing What next??

Shadowglen

Roland vs-640. Replaced encoder strip, and encoder board, still getting black lines and bars printing What next?? waiting to hear back from tech. any help appreciated.

Attachments

• Resized_20210419_130305.jpeg
    Resized_20210419_130305.jpeg
    999.3 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what that is, but the encoder tells the print head where it is not when to fire the nozzles. All the encoder problems I have seen have affected all the heads/colors equally. Because the blue is perfectly aligned, I think you have a problem with a ribbon cable or electronics.

rjssigns

I agree with Jester. Probably in the ribbon cables. They are a consumable. I replaced them on my SP540V not long before I sold it. Easy job, just tedious. My wife has small hands so I had her fish the cables through to the boards. Not sure wht the 640 looks like with the cover off but I'm better it's very similar.

Shadowglen

Thanks. so I will order the ribbon cables. Funny our tech went for the encoder strip and board when he knew it was only black and always in the same 3 spots.