• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replaced Heads, now what?

marleyjoeb

Hi, so I have a versacamm sp330v, brand new heads and had all fuses and transistors replaced...Fuses continued to blow due to bad heads...New board is in, new heads are in...Not printing...Looking closer I see that there is no ink in the dampers or clear lines going to dampers and heads...Is there a step I missed to "pump" the ink back into the lines and further into dampers and heads...I know I am close to being back online again...All help will be greatly appreciated...Thank You, Joe

anothersign

Undock the print head fill captops with cleaning solution (for better suction) redock and in the menu under ink control do a ink fill....watch for all lines to fill and dampers will fill about 1\2 hold all 4 arrow keys down at the same time that will kill the ink fill and stop wasting ink....it will still run a couple minutes after holding down the buttons...this is normal. Then load media and do a test print.

Un4given

Also you can check that your cartridges are OK, they got a kind of "mini-dumper" that sometimes makes air and so it doesn´t give ink, you can check with a small syringe, you may punct carefully in the in ink exit hole and purge it ´till there is no air inside.

Fuses are really sensitive, you may check also all cable conections, and also you may plug your roland on a stable electrical connection

hope it help..

Last edited:
Hi, so I have a versacamm sp330v, brand new heads and had all fuses and transistors replaced...Fuses continued to blow due to bad heads...New board is in, new heads are in...Not printing...Looking closer I see that there is no ink in the dampers or clear lines going to dampers and heads...Is there a step I missed to "pump" the ink back into the lines and further into dampers and heads...I know I am close to being back online again...All help will be greatly appreciated...Thank You, Joe
Hello did you test the fets on the head board i had a bad head which caused failure on the headboard 2 fets had gone down once i replaced them perfect everything back to square one however i had invested in a new headboard that i didn't need before hand so £1200 DOWN THE PAN:banghead: BUT I DID SOLVE THE ISSUE :clapping:

J Hill Designs

Hello did you test the fets on the head board i had a bad head which caused failure on the headboard 2 fets had gone down once i replaced them perfect everything back to square one however i had invested in a new headboard that i didn't need before hand so £1200 DOWN THE PAN:banghead: BUT I DID SOLVE THE ISSUE :clapping:

whats a fet?

marleyjoeb

in doing the ink fill, i did as suggested filling cap stations with solution, run ink fill acts like it is pumping, moving back and forth yet the lines are not filling with ink...either the pump is not creating suction or there is an air lock in the line or ink cartridge...any ideas

etsigns

same here kinda

My sp540 was doing the same, kind of....Except I am getting a error from over voltage to the scan motor. replaced black head, capping stations, fuse, and 2 transistors, BEFOR this latest error,
:frustrated:It is now enroute to a roland service tech, hopfull for a recovery but man what an expence.
DIY just did not work for me, as I learn the results I will keep you posted

marleyjoeb

well, we are now printing Magenta only...Think the yellow line is still plugged and we blew the damn fuse for the cyan black head...This is a major bummer....

marleyjoeb

UPDATE! We are now able to print a test....sometimes....We did get it to do a perfect test print once and all 4 colors printed...Now a continuous service call 0105 error...check all that the manual suggested...no help....any ideas?

Fatboy

0105 Tool Carriage Connection Error
Machine fails to connect the Tool Carriage to
the Head Carriage.
Faulty tool carriage connection
Loose Connection, lock assembly
Fault of the Limit Position Initialize value.
Limit Sensor does not work correctly or is
broken.
1) Check the mechanical Backlash in scan motor gear or drive wire.
2) Lock Position Adjustment
3) Limit Position and Cut Down Position Initialize
4) Limit Sensor check or replacement

I'm guessing you have bad caps and that's why you aren't getting good suction on your print heads.

I would replace the caps... there are only 2 of them.

when a blockage or no ink is present i know remove the case that covers the pumps remove the pipe from the pump connect a clear pipe with adaptor and suck apply a small amount of suction to the pipe this always clears the issue with no ink printing ofcourse dont get any of the ink in your mouth (that goes without saying) if you still have no ink present once you've done this it could be electrical if there is no ink whatsoever appearing on the test sheet from various heads it could point to a number of issues including head, ribbons, head board i had this happen on saturday blown a fuse on the head board replaced it and it's all ok again.
i've also had the problem with 0105 error if you reset the limit on the machine ie setting the positions for the heads on the capping stations this normally solves this issue. let me know how you go on i've got instructions for the roland sc540

DCaptDan

You probably have to do a "limit intialize". Your probably not capping properly and that's why you getting drop-outs. Also accounts for your 105 error.