• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replaced Printhead, Now Printing Fuzzy

DanielE

I replaced the printhead on our Mutoh VJ 1204. The printing was then obviously out of registration. So I checked the service manual and found how to adjust the head slant. The image is greatly improved, but it still looks really fuzzy...particularly text. Our text used to be so crisp and clear, but since changing the printhead, it is horribly fuzzy! Please help as I'm running out of ideas of what the problem could be.
Thank you.

inkmed

Had check the encoder stripe and head cable?
And you can try clear the printer head first.

Did you use the original Mutoh head or DX5 compatible head?
There is DX5 solvent head with modified adaptor. It is a original Epson adaptor, and modified by Epson in advance, can use on VJ1204 1304 and 1604 directly.
It is better than the old adaptor or compatible adaptor.

Adam from Inkmed

DanielE

I used a DX5 from Epson that is compatible with my VJ1204.
If you look through a loop at the print out, you can see the fuzziness in and around the print. The color of the fuzziness looks to be mostly black.
Do you think I might need a new head cables? You're talking about the two flat ones that plug into the head itself right?
What did you mean by "clear the print head first" inkmed?

randya

Slant is just one of the alignments.
There are electrical timing alignments that need to be done as well.

zapagraphics

ok... guys.... this is Zapa Graphics, from West Texas. Your mutoh head is not sitting flat, check the head and make us the head is complete flat, otherwords the head is not sitting correctly in its place. This will give you fuzz prints.