• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement dongle for $235!? Or upgrade to Flexi Pro 11/12?

meltsner

The dongle on our Flexi Pro 10.5 partially fried a while back, and after calling SAI, was given a price of $235 to replace it!! Would have been a timed replacement, until they receive our "bad" key back. This was now over a 1.5 years ago, I've just "put up" with it because it runs for so long, before overheating or whatever it does. I keep it unplugged until I need it, and hope it stays good for as long as I need it. I understand things go out (same dongle from an upgrade from 8.5, date on box showing June '08), but $235 to replace a $5 piece after paying +$4k for the program? Or maybe they increased it to $375 by now. :covereyes: Apparently from searching I am nowhere near the first one to have the same problem, and this price seems outrageous. So is this right? ANY other bypass around the dongle?

Or....is it worth upgrading to 11 (looks like free upgrade to 12, if purchased before July 29th....need to make a decision quick!) and have a dongle-less system? The only thing is, we do NOT want a "cloud" version. It is so hard to get good info on the new 11, so unsure if I can get a cloud-less version. I am so out of favor with Flexi / SAI (have been from the beginning), but it seems to be a necessary evil, lol. Need to get it going back reliably though. Thanks.

Techman

and you can get a full signlab print and cut for 750 with the competitive upgrade purchase. And not have ot worry about the cloud .

player

Software usually never lets you go backwards, unless you save the file in the old version from the new one.

Techman

siply pay the 750 and own your own signlab and let the competition see the error of their ways,

meltsner

I guess I should close this thread out! We chose to bite the bullet and get a replacement key. For the record and anyone searching this it is currently $255, plus $19.95 shipping (that's regular GROUND shipping, and doesn't even include for the required return [RMA] shipping!! Total rip off!!!).

Looked up the, um, "key copying" process, and I again see it requires a degree in the Greek language. Unfortunately I don't have that. Lol

I remain truly unimpressed with Flexi, but needless to say we have a program back up and running full time (at least till this key goes out) which is good news. They received the key and gave a full license. In the meantime I will remember those running $15k software. :smile: Thanks again for the suggestions and help!