• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement FC8000 Cutting Strips

edgette

Hey guys. I have been struggling this past year with my graphtec eating up cutting strips. I went a year with the factory one before it had gotten cracked and gave me poor cutting results. The one that came on the machine was hard black plastic and worked great. The "OEM replacements" I have been getting from my usual dealer are nothing like the original one. They are more like a rubber with fibers on the inside and they are just not lasting for me.

Yesterday I was finishing up a job that I started the day before. All the settings were the same and everything was going fine. Into the second sheet I had it started to tear into the cutting strip and before I knew it, it was shot.

Are there better, longer lasting cutting strips? I cut a ton of vinyl on an old GCC vinyl cutter and I never replaced that cutting strip.

edgette

In the package the ones I am getting look just like this. I am buying them from a graphtec dealer as well. Can you confirm these are the harder type that came on the machine when it was new?

Here is a picture so you can see the texture of these cutting strips and what happens when they wear out.

Attachments

• 20140108_203813_resized.jpg
    20140108_203813_resized.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 151

hosantos

In the package the ones I am getting look just like this. I am buying them from a graphtec dealer as well. Can you confirm these are the harder type that came on the machine when it was new?

Here is a picture so you can see the texture of these cutting strips and what happens when they wear out.

This doesn't look like the one that comes with the machine. Why don't you just order it online from GRAPHTEC
http://www.graphtecamericastore.com/fc8000-teflon-cutting-mat-replacement/ it costs from $25.00 to $45.00 depending on your cutter size.
Mine is 3 years old and had no issues.