• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement JV5 Head Trouble

JV5Operator

Hello everyone!
This is my first post here at Signs 101. I am looking for information regarding issues I am having with replacement DX5 print heads for the Mimaki JV5s in the print room I operate. I am running dual CMYK, and I keep having problems with the Black channels 4 and 5(the center channels of the heads). When I perform test draws, some of the Black lines are wavy and uneven. This is affecting the initial alignments and nothing I do seems to change anything. These are genuine Epson heads from a reputable dealer, and in almost 6 years of operating these machines I have never had this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Terry01

Work out which head is not throwing the black properly and manually flush that head.
Just remove the dampers and use a syringe full of cleaner and flush it through..,
Alternatively remove the hose from the pump to that capping station and suck some
ink through it. Jv5s are pretty robust and you wont notice too much effect on a print.
The laser detection will stop a print if too much is wrong