• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacement Print Head options, SP300v?

jster171

Time to replace a print head on my SP300v, I now have a service manual and feel comfortable doing it myself. I have been working on this machine myself since I bought it new back in 2005. My Roland rep wants $1193.00 for the head, but I have found it (supposed to be direct replacement), for MUCH less expensive.
https://www.sign-in-china.com/produ...OhIxRpv7ILtJerto8HaJ4JyUaAtUiEALw_wcB#reviews
Have any of you bought from a vendor like this? If so, are you happy with your print head from them? Thanks in advance!!

Active Sign

Sign Guy
I have purchased several DX4 heads from sign-in-China.com. They appear to be real Roland parts with rank numbers and all. I run them in my SC545. Just make sure you get the ecosolvent ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brentjosker

Hey guys in case you didnt know...authentic roland parts? Roland doesnt make the heads for their printers, never have. Epson has been making their heads up until recently when Epson start competing with roland for a large portion of the market. So if you want authentic heads for that machine just make sure they are espson DX4 heads

Active Sign

Sign Guy
Hey guys in case you didnt know...authentic roland parts? Roland doesnt make the heads for their printers, never have. Epson has been making their heads up until recently when Epson start competing with roland for a large portion of the market. So if you want authentic heads for that machine just make sure they are espson DX4 heads

Yes, you are correct epson makes the print heads. However, the heads you purchase should be Roland specific for the correct rank number, it’s a voltage thing I believe. Not saying others won’t work, just that Roland specific ones have rank #’s for Roland machines.

Panchenko

Time to replace a print head on my SP300v, I now have a service manual and feel comfortable doing it myself. I have been working on this machine myself since I bought it new back in 2005. My Roland rep wants $1193.00 for the head, but I have found it (supposed to be direct replacement), for MUCH less expensive.
https://www.sign-in-china.com/produ...OhIxRpv7ILtJerto8HaJ4JyUaAtUiEALw_wcB#reviews
Have any of you bought from a vendor like this? If so, are you happy with your print head from them? Thanks in advance!!

Hey there, i bought a dx7 epson head printer for my roland vs-640i a few months ago from alibaba.

Not a problem what-so-ever.

jtinker

Owner
We just got a replacement for our Roland, they are B grade parts but they work fine, Instruction manual on the site will save you thousands as well. Go for it

Jim Hill

Digi Print is where I purchased my DX-4 hear for $534.00 about six months ago and I would buy from these again anytime. Fast shipping with great prices!

I also had a blown fuse because of something I did so I went to a local auto parts dealer and purchased an inline fuse holder and added the correct fuse size which my local Roland Dealer had and it worked perfectly once I figured out how to solder it back in on the main board.

When my local Roland Dealer asked me how the fuse blew I told him I had installed a New DX-4 head he asked me if it came from Roland and when I said not he tried to tell me it would never work right in my printer. This guy runs their tech dept.

I told him all the DX- 4 heads were made by Epson and is starting telling me Roland make their own heads which I knew was BS

Digi Print sends the heads out very well packaged with instructions and everything you need.

Keep in the mind the easy part is installing the new head but the time consuming part which takes a few hours is all the adjustments to get everything aligned properly so that its is printing correctly.

Jim Hill

Jim Hill

One other thing I forgot to mention was I had converted my SP-300 to an SP-300V just before I installed the New head from DIGI Print.

Once the the head of the local Roland dealer tech department found out what I had done he told me that it was impossible to convert from an SP-300 to an SP-300V I tried to explain to him just how I did but he just kept saying it would not work right.

I had to purchase VersaWorks software but once I did it had worked perfectly ever since. The best part is now in runs on Windows 10

Jim Hill

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I always love reading about the experiences you guys have with tech departments. Most people have debunked the myths above. All DX series heads, DX3 through DX7, are made by Epson. Mimaki, Mutoh and Roland license the technology which is why there are so many parts that are interchangeable between the brands. There is no such thing as Grade A or Grade B heads. They all get made at the same factory and then they ship them to the printer manufacturers. Imagine if Mutoh knew they were getting lower quality heads than Roland. Yeah, that wouldn't fly.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
One other thing I forgot to mention was I had converted my SP-300 to an SP-300V just before I installed the New head from DIGI Print.

Once the the head of the local Roland dealer tech department found out what I had done he told me that it was impossible to convert from an SP-300 to an SP-300V I tried to explain to him just how I did but he just kept saying it would not work right.

I had to purchase VersaWorks software but once I did it had worked perfectly ever since. The best part is now in runs on Windows 10

Jim Hill

They used to charge almost $1000 to convert to SP-300V. Little did those poor business owners know that all you had to do was flip a dip switch on the main board. I have done it on every SP-300 that I have ever worked on.

Jim Hill

Vander J:

You are honest about what you do and that is a good thing.

Every once in a while I see a Roland Dealer who is offering an SP-300V for sale on E-Bay I ask them it they have converted the machine they are honest and tell me that is what they do.

When I listen to someone who works for a Roland Dealer trying to tell me that Roland makes their own print heads I realize either he is uninformed or just telling his customers lies!!!

Jim Hill

geckophoto

I just got a used SP300V and need to put in new heads, dampers, caps, wipers/scraper/and sponge. I follow all the Youtube videos, have it apart and ordering the new heads now.

Do I need to fill the heads with flushing fluid BEFORE installing them, I saw somewhere if you don't the new ink running into it will dry it up instantly and ruin int? I soaked my old heads and got a lot of nozzles firing again but going to start fresh with all new parts.

Should I get new ink for the machine too before putting in the heads? Flush the lines of the old inks? They run free but have sat for 6 months in a shop unused.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have installed 100's of heads and I never flush before installing. In fact, I have seen more problems from pre-flushing than not. It won't hurt to flush the ink lines first though. You never know what ink was in there and how it settled.

Jim Hill

ive found that digi print supplies is cheaper and excellent quality. I would take a look at them

I have used Digi Print heads and I only paid $522.50 and they worked perfectly with no problems.

My Roland Dealer was not happy when I told him I had changed the heads and he started telling me that they were not the same as Roland Heads which I knew was not true but I was not sure if he even knew who made the heads for Roland and then he asked why I did not purchase the heads from a Roland Dealer and he told me the price was in the $1,100 to 1,200 dollar range and when I told him what I paid he was in shock!!!

Jim

dirtydog50000

Digi Print is where I purchased my DX-4 hear for $534.00 about six months ago and I would buy from these again anytime. Fast shipping with great prices!

I also had a blown fuse because of something I did so I went to a local auto parts dealer and purchased an inline fuse holder and added the correct fuse size which my local Roland Dealer had and it worked perfectly once I figured out how to solder it back in on the main board.

When my local Roland Dealer asked me how the fuse blew I told him I had installed a New DX-4 head he asked me if it came from Roland and when I said not he tried to tell me it would never work right in my printer. This guy runs their tech dept.

I told him all the DX- 4 heads were made by Epson and is starting telling me Roland make their own heads which I knew was BS

Digi Print sends the heads out very well packaged with instructions and everything you need.

Keep in the mind the easy part is installing the new head but the time consuming part which takes a few hours is all the adjustments to get everything aligned properly so that its is printing correctly.

Jim Hill
Jim,

Does digi print give you all the directions to install and calibrate the new print head? Online the video had no sound

Terry01

Yes, you are correct epson makes the print heads. However, the heads you purchase should be Roland specific for the correct rank number, it’s a voltage thing I believe. Not saying others won’t work, just that Roland specific ones have rank #’s for Roland machines.

And can you run it by us how a printer knows which of the thousands of heads produce monthly,
are to be fitted to the machine????