• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing a Mutoh Falcon Maintenance Station Assembly

jmerlos

I have a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor 48" Printer and the Maintenance Station Assembly crapped out. We bought the printer in September of Last year so we still have about 3 to 4 months on the warranty. I contacted Mutoh about getting a technician out here and they already sent me a new Maintenance Station. Now I'm just waiting to hear from them about when they're suppose to show up, I contacted CalGraph and they told me that they haven't heard from Mutoh. The printer has been sitting for about half of last week and I had to turn down a couple jobs that included banner and 20 2'x3' prints, I'm thinking about just replacing the maintenance station myself because I believe I can get to most of it the only thing i don't understand is how to disconnect the wiring. What do you guys recommend me doing. My boss does not want me to do it my self because he does not want to throw away the remaining warranty by opening up the printer, but we're loosing more money than what the parts cost by just letting the machine sit.

In my part of the woods, CalGraph charges $100 and hour plus milage, plus parts and materials. Seems like a no brainer, loose all your warranty which I beleive a warranty runs about $2500 a year on that printer, in which you even void if you opened up yourself. I would leave it alone and let CalGraph fix it. Email Mutoh and tell them you have contacted you supplier but you have not heard anything and you need you printer fixed and most likely they will contact your supplier and get the ball rolling quickly, anyhow that is what I had to do to get my printer fixed under warranty.
Good luck
Vince

jmerlos

We finally got through CalGraph and they are sending someone tomorrow to work on it. It's about time because I think my boss is going nuts having to send customers to the competition

jmerlos

Well to be honest they're only competitive for certain things, they targe a different market than what we do. The only reason he sends customers to them is because they are the only other company on this side of town that can produce the decent jobs. Plus the owner charges more than we do so the customer usually ends up coming back to us.

Flame

I just had mine replaced as well. Wait for the tech. It's still under warranty, don't void it.