• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing a print head on a GS6000 myself?

IvanDD

Dampers, probably cap tops, sub tank, print heads. I think I can do it all, but what software will I need to get everything working correctly in the end?

Where can i find information on this?

Pitzu

To start printing, you'll need a RIP software like Flexi or Onyx and some color profiles for the media you'll be using.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
I’m going to guess that you will also need the diagnostic program that they use to install the print head. I had 1 done last week and the tech was plugged into the machine when doing his calibrations.

Just a guess...

We had to call Epson and then in turn they call out the tech. If I remember correctly you can’t buy the printheads.

I’ve always had the tech come out. Good luck and let us know how it comes out for you if you install yourself.

IvanDD

Yea, i know what alignments and things i have to do in the printer afterwords. Not asking about a rip, I just think there was a special program the tech used to do something after changing the print heads out last time. We're at a point where I'm either going to fix this thing for cheap, or we're not going to fix the machine. This GS6000 has a head fail every 6mo-1yr and we're totally over it.

Just wondering what software the tech uses to do whatever he does at the end on his computer and if thats available out there somewhere.

Epsons response to my issue? "You should buy a new Epson!"

GTFO