• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing belt and tension assembly...

GP

Looks like this belt finally wore out (the grooves in belt are gone in a 2' stretch).

From what I am reading, this requires a service tech. I have already successfully monkeyed with this before (when the plastive cog/pulley on the tensionor assumbly shattered) - but it did not require rethreading belt through printer carraige. Has anyone done this fix on their own?

Related question: where are you buying parts? Found a few places on line - pricing is all pretty consistant but the front ends of these parts sites look like Alibaba. Anyone have a good experience with a company?

Thanks for your time -

Gregg

The procedure for replacement of the carriage belt on the L2 Latex machine is rather complicated, and it involves removal and re-installation of many subsystems in the printer. It is probably a task that is best performed by a certified field service engineer.

Billct2

Which printer? I did it twice on a 5000. It's a daunting task, but doable if you are careful and patient.

GP

Daunting and not recommended. Hmmm.

Now, to find a certified tech in my area. That should be interesting.

Maybe I will just go printer shopping...