• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

replacing Intake Manifold in SP300 help?

Sherry2006

Hello, I recently broke a prong off the intake manifold, and now have to replace it. I have the part, but am cautious about replacing it. There is two white/tan colored octagon "inserts" that seem to be holding the manifold down in place. Do these pop out, or is there a hidden screw that holds the entire thing in place? I have never replaced this part, and am a bit weary, obviously not wanting to break anything else, lol. Can someone please give me a few pointers? thank you guys again!

CS-SignSupply

The white octagon insert you mention is really a resin that is covering a nut the holds the manifold in place. To remove, take out the two corresponding screws on the bottom side of the head. Replace the manifold and be sure to press it in place firmly. It should compress two rubber seals. Then take the nuts out of the old manifold and put into the new one. Replace screws from the bottom and done.