• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Replacing Main board on my Roland Versacamm

Hello,
I have a Roland Versacamm sp300 that had a power surge. I am told that I need a new main board. My machine has run out of warranty. Can anyone tell me if you have ever replaced the main board by yourself? I would like to order the part and have my husband install it. Is there a set up required after the new board is installed ?
Also I would rather not by new if anyone knows of a company that will fix the old board?

Thank you,
Stacy

advsign22

I use to own a SP-300 and the board went out under warranty. The service tech came down from Atlanta with the new board. He knew what he was doing and it took maybe 3 to 4 hours setting up the printer after the board was replaced.
The company was jsi sign in Atlanta.
Ken

macmedia

We fix Main and and head boards. $200 flat rate. If we cannot fix it, you pay only for shipping.

If your husband is mechanically inclined, it's not too difficult to take out. The MOST IMPORTANT thing you need to know is that you MUST remove the power cable from the printer prior to working inside the printer. Otherwise you risk more further damage.

Kent
Mac Media USA, Inc.
Chester, NY
www.macmedia.com

hyperdrive

I willvouch for Kent at Mac Media!!!! I emailed kent explained the isssue I had,He determined the main board was bad..... I asked If I could drop the defective board off,He obliged .When we got to his shop we had a pleasant surprise..He offered to repair while we waited!!!! Naturally we waited the short 45 minutes it took to repair the board.Got it home and it worked as promised ..was making an adjustment to the head and accidentally bumped the head cable(i know bone head move to to while powered!!!!!). Guess what happened...blew the board again!!!!!!!!!! Emailed Kent..............He said bring it back and he'd repair it at no charge!!!!!!! Droped it off kent fixed again(no charge) ..broght it home and again worked like a champ!!!

Bottom line is Mac Media Has customer service second to none!!! Kent does what he says and best of all saved me and my buisness the unnecessary $1500 expense!

Thanks Again Kent
(a customer for life)
SR SignDesign

hyperdrive

Also no need to readjust the machine...battery doesnt come out of board...so it limits time tech must spend at your shop....