• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Replacing our CET Flatbed - Price Suggestions Welcome

signheremd

We are replacing our 2012 (received January 2013) CET X-Press QX 4x8 Flatbed Printer. It has one row of heads CMYK plus White. White is not working, but otherwise printer is used most days. We have records of all issues and maintenance. Should be a good value for someone looking to add such equipment at a fraction of original cost. Looking for ideas of fair price.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Well it been almost 7 yrs, if the equipment is in good shape you should be able to get 20-22% value of it.. Which printer are you planning on replacing it with ?

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We are replacing our 2012 (received January 2013) CET X-Press QX 4x8 Flatbed Printer. It has one row of heads CMYK plus White. White is not working, but otherwise printer is used most days. We have records of all issues and maintenance. Should be a good value for someone looking to add such equipment at a fraction of original cost. Looking for ideas of fair price.

Would you consider a Mimaki JFX200 series? Mimaki is running some strong promotions right now. Let me know if you'd like a quote.

signheremd

Well it been almost 7 yrs, if the equipment is in good shape you should be able to get 20-22% value of it.. Which printer are you planning on replacing it with ?
We went with the Fluid Color with the Ricoh Gen6 heads. Installation was this week and we are pleased with the quality and the speed

Zach Starr

We went with the Fluid Color with the Ricoh Gen6 heads. Installation was this week and we are pleased with the quality and the speed

Thats great congratulations ! Gen6, that sounds interesting.. How is the performance on these heads. Let me know. What speed are getting?

signheremd

Thats great congratulations ! Gen6, that sounds interesting.. How is the performance on these heads. Let me know. What speed are getting?
New printer runs about twice the speed of our old printer comparing production quality on new to draft quality (fastest speed, for coro) on old. Runs even faster draft to draft. New machine produces higher resolution and small text, 6pt or 4pt, print excellent. Reproduces grays very well. White printing is about twice as fast and now we can do color/white/color in one pass instead of printing twice without moving substrate. No detectable banding on bidirectional printing. Uses less electricity as lights are LED and come on only for the few seconds of curing on each pass - no fans, water cooled. And it has built in ionizers to help deal with static. Add to that great training and support. So all good. and the Gen 6 heads are really incredible. If you want even better, there are Kyrocera heads available for additional charge, but you'd have to be doing museum work to notice a difference. Anyway, we are well pleased.

Zach Starr

New printer runs about twice the speed of our old printer comparing production quality on new to draft quality (fastest speed, for coro) on old. Runs even faster draft to draft. New machine produces higher resolution and small text, 6pt or 4pt, print excellent. Reproduces grays very well. White printing is about twice as fast and now we can do color/white/color in one pass instead of printing twice without moving substrate. No detectable banding on bidirectional printing. Uses less electricity as lights are LED and come on only for the few seconds of curing on each pass - no fans, water cooled. And it has built in ionizers to help deal with static. Add to that great training and support. So all good. and the Gen 6 heads are really incredible. If you want even better, there are Kyrocera heads available for additional charge, but you'd have to be doing museum work to notice a difference. Anyway, we are well pleased.

Sounds like are really happy with equipment, congratulations. What price range does this come at?? Kyocera are thing way to expensive for the work we do.. I currently have few printers from Stratojet with Ricoh Heads, and find them very stable and durable.. that why i was interested in knowing about this gen6. What configuration do you have ?

signheremd

Sounds like are really happy with equipment, congratulations. What price range does this come at?? Kyocera are thing way to expensive for the work we do.. I currently have few printers from Stratojet with Ricoh Heads, and find them very stable and durable.. that why i was interested in knowing about this gen6. What configuration do you have ?
Agree on the heads! Price was running around 100k USD - varies according to the exact head setup you go with - we did one row of CMYK plus white, you can do two rows for even more speed. Basic frame is HandTop, which I believe same as StratoJet as well as CET and others.

Zach Starr

Agree on the heads! Price was running around 100k USD - varies according to the exact head setup you go with - we did one row of CMYK plus white, you can do two rows for even more speed. Basic frame is HandTop, which I believe same as StratoJet as well as CET and others.

Thanks for the information. The reason I am using StratoJet over HanTop is because of the spot colors..I needed Light Black, and Red color, for some speciality work which i couldn't find with any other company. Plus I liked the white ink parking thing they have because i don't use white that much, but when work comes i need like alot of it. With my old machine white was always a nightmare.. But thanks again, I'll check with StratoJet what the cost to upgrade

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Call MIke ALtrueter at the Global Garage, he will give you the current street value on it and help you sell it with a global presence. Hes a a striaght up guy and can be trusted.303-638-3371. He also helps the buyer arrange decommissioning and recommissioning as well as transportation. Good Luck!

StratoJet

Merchant Member
Hi Guys, just wanted to clear a few things up, StratJet builds their own frames which took 2+ years of engineering. We had to build the frame to absorb the vibrations of a printer movements. Final assembly is done in the USA.

We also just launched a new printer, Shark 3216, a 10x5 running Ricoh Gen 6 heads on a magnetic drive (no belt). Tons of new auto features...

Thanks and keep on printing!