• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Replacing VP-300 Mainboard

readmore

So our VP-300 died, first we got random "now processing" error, and now the unit won't turn on. We ordered and received a replacement mainboard, but we have been told we need "parameters from the old board to put in the new board". This doesn't seem right to me.

Has anyone replaced a mainboard and needed any specifics off the old board? Any advice on this would be great!!!

Any other tips and advice on replacing the board would be great also!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Getting the parameters off the old board just makes it easier and faster to setup the new one but it is not mandatory seeing as a lot of the time you can't even connect to the old board to get them off in the first place. You just need to pop it in an load the firmware but since you can't get the old parameters you will have to run all of your head alignments again.

readmore

Getting the parameters off the old board just makes it easier and faster to setup the new one but it is not mandatory seeing as a lot of the time you can't even connect to the old board to get them off in the first place. You just need to pop it in an load the firmware but since you can't get the old parameters you will have to run all of your head alignments again.
Hey thanks!

Riethian

Hey dont change the board. I had same issue. The problem is the ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair the board and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD.