• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rescue Boat Lettering

Mike G

I have a Fire Dept that wants to letter their inflatable rubber rescue boat. Any suggestions as to what type of vinyl to use? The customer asked for reflective, but I am not sure it will work.

Attachments

• IMG_2206.JPG
    IMG_2206.JPG
    715 KB · Views: 270

Billct2

If you research this you will find most manufacturers recommend stencil with vinyl "paint', not vinyl lettering. We have done a few with vinyl but I can't tell you how long they lasted. We have also done "plates" that attached to the rope in the photo. Whatever you do be sure they understand there is no warranty. Even vinyl paint on that kind of surface can take a beating.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I would think if they want to inflate and deflate this from time to time, the changing of the substrate it's sticking to is going to let go, especially reflective. Screen printing is probably your best bet..... or tell them to tie a balloon to it with a light inside it.