• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Retractable Banner Stands!

I have a small sign shop in Redmond, WA. We currently use 3DaDisplay banner stands and they work quite nicely for the price. I print our graphics on a 13 0z. scrim banner material but would like to find a better media for the banner stands. I'd prefer something that was a smooth surface and curl/fray resistant. I've tested some PVC materials but none have printed well on my Epson Stylus Pro GS6000 machines.

I also have Stylus Pro 9900s for printing photos and fine art. I've considered using Epson Photo paper with a laminate over it but not sure if it's durability would meet our customers needs - but I love the print quality!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

thanks,

Matt

Letterbox Mike

Welcome!

We print our retractables on POSpro 200 with good results. It's finicky to print on and requires a good profile to get good color but it's the most consistent printing material we've found for the application.

We've had mixed results (at best) with the POPup material from Fellers. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad. It's very inconsistent.

Donny7833

I've been using Bantex 13oz Curl Free on my GS6000. Prints nice, stays flat. Only issue, it's a bit pricey, about .67 a square.

Last time I ordered 2 rolls, one 36, the other 54. They printed a little differently, the 54 was a little muted. Maybe an older roll experiencing some plasticizer migration? Hard to say, but that's not the norm I've experienced.

Rooster

I'm going to try out a new banner material my local supplier has. The brand name is Ferrari and the product is their 9.5 oz. Decolit BW251. The supplier claims you can print edge to edge heavy coverage with absolutely no edge curl. It's incredibly soft for a banner material, almost like a stiff cloth and it has a flat black reverse side to it and matte finish front side.

I'll let you guys know how it works. It's supposed to be a tad on the pricey side, but if it lays flat and doesn't require lamination it could be ideal for these stands. I've found the POSPro needs lamination for protection as the matte surface is way to easy to scratch, plus it doesn't lay as flat as I expected it to. It always comes out curled and takes awhile to flatten out.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a new 11 Mil Solvent Satin Blockout Non Edge Curl Retractable Banner Stand Film that will work fantastic in Retractables and is priced more aggressively then POS PRO 200. Anyone interested in giving it a whirl?

36"x100' $174.00
50"x100' $241.86
60"x100' $290.00