• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Reverse channel letters

Robbie Moore

i just bought a used accu bend model 26. We have front lit channel letter building down. Trying see how to build reverse letters or halo lit.

Also interested in building front and back lit letters.

Anyone help me with this?

Robbie

petrosgraphics

if you have built a channel letter , just use clear lexan for your backs. place LEDs onto the lexan. use a 1.5 - 2" spacer to keep the letter off the wall. translucent faces for the front , good to go... if you just want a halo look, use non translucent vinyl on your face..

Robbie Moore

thanks!

So I have a client right now wants custom painted returns and trim cap. Question is do I paint the return before it’s bent or after? What about the trim cap?

petrosgraphics

fabricate your letters, mask-off your lexan backs on the outside, place the letters upside down and spray them the color you want. ( try and use a Mathews type paint ) For the trim cap try and find a stock color that will work.

Robbie Moore

fabricate your letters, mask-off your lexan backs on the outside, place the letters upside down and spray them the color you want. ( try and use a Mathews type paint ) For the trim cap try and find a stock color that will work.
Painted trim cap with Mathews and flex Additive worked perfect!

• Agree
Reactions: KMC

Robbie Moore

Painted return and trim cap

Attachments

• 3C71238C-E2F3-4F27-A44D-B195FA71C1E1.jpeg
    3C71238C-E2F3-4F27-A44D-B195FA71C1E1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 447

AnthonyRalano

We paint the insides reflective white too. We don't send them out on the accubend with flange off. We do them by hand with .063 aluminum.

Bradley D

www.jigsign.com
A lot of the companies that are now buying top of the line SDS Automation (AdamsTech) benders, have one or two older Accubends. One of the reasons some of those companies bought an SDS Super Channel Bender is just because they couldn't get the Accubends to work with .063 aluminum. Most of these companies previously would bend the .063 by hand like AnthonyRalano. I'm sorry to say that the Accubend will not be able to bend the .063 with any accuracy or precision so you'll probably need to do it by hand or invest in higher end machinery.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
The previous posts in this thread sound like dual front and reverse halo illumianted channel letters, or "dual lit channel letters". For reverse halo letters only, you make an alumimum face and then glue the acubend tabs to the BACK of the alunimum face. Then you bondo the seam to make a reverse channel letter that halo lights only. No need for front acrylic or trimcap.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
o
if you have built a channel letter , just use clear lexan for your backs. place LEDs onto the lexan. use a 1.5 - 2" spacer to keep the letter off the wall. translucent faces for the front , good to go... if you just want a halo look, use non translucent vinyl on your face..
Why go to the expense of material and labor if the front of the letter does not internally illuminate? What I would do in this case is a design with an aluminum face with returns. What you are describing does not need trimcap or vinyl but just a painted face.