• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reverse install window perf

Billct2

I have a client who wants to have some large store windows covered with window perf.
They had some printed window perf on the outside but it got picked at too much so it is coming off.
They still want the window perf but installed on the inside.
I want to apply perf on the inside and then apply first surface logos on the outside.
Is there a window perf available for install on the inside? It doesn't need to be printable.

Lane J

There is. Look for "in-mount" or "interior" wiindow perf. We've used Windowbrite In-Mount perf a few times and applied adhesive to it. I think we have used a product by Contra Vision as well.

bannertime

There is some no adhesive perf that you can put up with BigfishDM optically clear Perm/Rem tape on all four sides. It'd probably be cheapest and fastest. Seems like the really want some privacy tiny or something. It all works the same; based on which side has more light.

Billct2

I was hoping to find something ready to apply off the roll. And yes they want it for privacy, but to still see thru and they like the way it looks and works.
So if I applied regular unprinted perf to the inside of the glass it would work the same?

Billct2

60/40 or 70/30 but now that I'm searching I realize that I have to find one that is white (not black) on the back.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
If you end up needing help, I can get double sided white/white perf with no adhesive. Or the tape that was mentioned above. You could use a mesh also to accomplish the same effect and it's much cheaper. You can get that anywhere. It's easier to apply the tape to the windows, then just stick up your mesh or non adhesive perf.

flyplainsdrifta

yeah i was gonna say I've heard thats pretty hefty chunk for a roll you're using for one job potentially. bigfish is right about the mesh though. that will accomplish all the goals with the added bonus of being able to print directly to the front and still have a white back, not to mention if its privacy they want, i think that may be better and cheaper than going out of your way for a specialized perf.

also great to meet you at isa bigfish! always good to put a face to the avatar haha

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
yeah i was gonna say I've heard thats pretty hefty chunk for a roll you're using for one job potentially. bigfish is right about the mesh though. that will accomplish all the goals with the added bonus of being able to print directly to the front and still have a white back, not to mention if its privacy they want, i think that may be better and cheaper than going out of your way for a specialized perf.

also great to meet you at isa bigfish! always good to put a face to the avatar haha

Lol it was great meeting you too man! I always get a kick outta meeting you guys out there.

Terry01

Without reading replies...double sided laminate..same as you do when doing glass top or perspex top tables or signs.