• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Reversing Sensors

Grafix

What does every one do about reversing sensors when doing a wrap? Do you cut around the circle and cover it or leave it uncovered and the colour of the car which looks really strange on the wraps.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Some of them you will have no issue covering them and on other vehicles they are ultra-sensitive and covering them with vinyl may pose problems. We cut around them and leave them wrapped, we tell our clients that if the sensors go off randomly to just remove them or have us remove them.

ikarasu

I'd remove the sensors if possible. I'm not sure how factory installed ones are.. but I put some into my truck, and it was just a bolt on the back to hold it in.

Remove them, wrap it, put them back in.

If you cover them, they won't work anymore. And last thing you want is for the customer to crash his car backing up, and sue you for damaging his sensor.

Grafix

So I did a test on my own Mazda CX5 with scraps. Covering them completely made the rear sensor sound come on continuously when in reverse.
Then cutting around them both outer and inner circle made them work correctly.Just got to be careful I guess cutting on the car. Too small for knifeless tape.

ikarasu

Careful. The way the sensors work is ultrasonic sounds. Some dirt can prevent them from working properly, maybe they will work with vinyl, but who knows if vinyl + dirt will block them out completely. If you do decide to cover them, at the very least put it in the contract that its not advisable to cover, and any accidents/crashes because of it youre not liable.

Grafix

Careful. The way the sensors work is ultrasonic sounds. Some dirt can prevent them from working properly, maybe they will work with vinyl, but who knows if vinyl + dirt will block them out completely. If you do decide to cover them, at the very least put it in the contract that its not advisable to cover, and any accidents/crashes because of it youre not liable.
Good idea