• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF-640 and GX-640 networking issues

sheitmar

Hey guys,

So our shop finally put our old VP-540i print/cut workhorse to pasture and upgraded to a new RF-640 with a separate GX-640 plotter. The way the shop is currently set up is each designer has a separate copy of Versaworks running on their machines to run the printer and plotter over the network.

We've run into some issues with the GX-640; it only has a USB connection and we had hoped to be able to share this plotter with a few different computers. The different computers talk to the RF-640 just fine but it's frustrating that only the machine that is directly connected to it will have the ability to cut.

Has anyone had any success with a USB to ethernet hub option, or any advice for us? We haven't quite given up on this idea, though maybe doing a remote desktop on the computer directly attached to the plotter running only one copy of VersaWorks might be the only solution.