• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help RF-640 & RE-640 Black print and Registration Marks

altereddezignz

I had a post and it either was deleted or something bc i am unable to find it. Not sure whats up.
Either way a few of the things i had asked where answered so maybe i can figure out the rest so no need to list the things that where answered.

Black ink prints as if it needs one more coat to fully cover. Almost like you're painting something with a spray can and your dusting or misting it to paint it. Like it needs one more coat. But on that same exact print the registration marks are just as dark and perfect as can print?

Plotter Issues

When i print a print cut file and the file is centered to print it still prints on side of the registration marks right on the edge of the paper and the other is away from the edge. Is there a way to tell it to print marks away from the edge even when set to center?
In the preview you cannot see the registration marks so there is no way to know where they are going to print. If i have 54" of material and my design is a small image just multiple copies it still alows me to fill the whole width of the paper then it still prints the registration marks and i am unable to then cut the images out bc i cannot place the outside rollers on the outside of the registration marks due to them being so close to the edge.

Or can someone explain the correct way for me to set up a file with registration marks? Or even a video or something. I have searched and not come up with anything.

altereddezignz

Not my picture but printed with image center it still prints registration marks just like this. If you place the roller on the outside of this it tends to have issues on a longer cut. Any way to more the registration marks?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 6.20.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 6.20.52 AM.png
    115.8 KB · Views: 206

altereddezignz

Also i never have the dancing line or the marching ants to show the cut lines. Even tho they are there and i can cut the images out?

altereddezignz

Update. Apparently from my reading and what u see since i am not using a print cut machine it will not show the marching ants on the print preview screen. Only after you have ripped the file and drag your file down to the plotter and open the preview for that it will then only show u the cut lines. This is kinda dumb being as if you want to make sure your cut file are correct you have to rip then load the file on the plotter and open to check it. It would be nice if it showed the cut preview on the print preview screen like it does on a print cut machine.

On the registration marks you have to change the margins in the printer to 16/16 on the margin. This gives you a 1" margin from the edge before the registration marks start to print from the edge of the start of the right of the material.

If you want more than an inch you will have to set up the print start location allowing it to move over another inch and then set you file to be 1 more inch narrower than your paper is. This would allow you to have any size margin you would like but will always default back to 1" when you load new media. If anyone want to know hot to do any of this just ask.