• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RF640 Combo with Dryer

DeeHutch

Hey guys, i'm looking at adding the Roland R640 with the GR640 cutter combo to my fleet of printers. We're currently running an old Mimaki (which the new Roland will replace) and we also have a Roland XC-540 which is our work horse.

My question pertains to the dryer that is optional. It's the Roland DU640VS. Does anyone know if that dryer, when used properly will allow me to go direct to lamination with no gas out time?

Thanks in advance.

Gene@mpls

We have had a RF for 4 years or so and it is a workhorse. I have never seen the dryer or even pictures of it so I cannot advise you there, I built a dryer with a black box IR dryer behind an aluminum panel that the vinyl passes over and we do not as a rule allow any drying time before laminating. I think it will really depend upon what you are printing and the use of the vinyl. We also use Triangle Inx which I believe drys faster, so there are a lot of ins and outs. The RF runs on Versaworks I and I 'think' the GR cutter is for Versaworks 2- I would check on that. If you want to chat leave your email in a PM. Gene

CL Visual

We have an RF 640 and it's always been a workhorse. I have Oki color painters now so it doesn't get as much use. I didn't know dryer was available for it but I would def get it or add something to it. The drying bed on the machine is very small and I've had issues when running banner and some other materials at high speeds.

As far as laminating, the added dryer will not reduce the outgas time tremendously if thats a concern. You still need to outgas a good 12 hours and probably 24 hours for heavy saturation. I have many reasons why it's so important to outgas and how it can save time and money in the long run but I'm sure thats been gone through already.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey guys, i'm looking at adding the Roland R640 with the GR640 cutter combo to my fleet of printers. We're currently running an old Mimaki (which the new Roland will replace) and we also have a Roland XC-540 which is our work horse.

My question pertains to the dryer that is optional. It's the Roland DU640VS. Does anyone know if that dryer, when used properly will allow me to go direct to lamination with no gas out time?

Thanks in advance.

Why not just get a Latex machine and never worry about outgassing or daily maintenance again?