• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rib boat lettering

rjssigns

Client called about putting registration letters on a rib boat. Said he wanted paint since he heard vinyl didn't last. I told him I've only worked on two in thirty years and the first one over twenty years ago was stenciled and the one I did last year was cast vinyl. No call backs on the cast vinyl so far and can't remember what the heck I used on the first one.

Question is what is the most durable? I've seen plates where you sand and bond to the hull but I'm not going there. High tack vinyl? Paint? Boat material is either Hypalon or VALMEX(pvc blend). Mfg. doesn't say which one. It's a Gala Viking 330 if that helps.

unclebun

We use high tack vinyl made for LSE surfaces on inflatable boats. (Took me a minute to figure out what a RIB boat was. We just call them inflatables)

rjssigns

We use high tack vinyl made for LSE surfaces on inflatable boats. (Took me a minute to figure out what a RIB boat was. We just call them inflatables)

I'll use the high tack then. Thank you for the help. Sorry for the naming confusion. Where I'm at they call 'em RIB boats. Redundant but what can you do?

DaveD

Let the client know to clean well and remove any treatment coats commonly used on the tubes before installing.

rjssigns

Update: Client wasn't sold on vinyl so I referred him to an old school "brush" guy in town. Sometimes you just gotta walk away and we'll leave it at that.