• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ricoh Pro L5160

showie

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the Ricoh L5160? I know it's a newer piece of equipment, but there are a few good gear heads on this forum so I figured it was worth asking. I'm in Canada and Ricoh Canada doesn't have an active demo model up at their head office, but I'd love to get my hands on one to look under the hood, so to speak.

I've been told by the sales guys (and as such, only trust so much) that the print heads, because they are the Ricoh industrial ones, are a non-consumable and are even covered for the first 12 months. This, combined with the relatively reasonable sale price of the unit, and the fact it's a latex with WHITE capabilities really has me excited for this machine.

Thank you in advance, guys!

Christian @ 2CT Media

Unless they fixed the inkset from what we saw in May, it easily scratches and laminate will separate and pull ink from the print surface.

Test test test!

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
I have pretty much of experience with 51xx since we have it in our demo for more than 5 months already...
It's not too bad if its CMYKx2, CMYKcm or smth like that... but we have the first CMYKWWWW.... and this shit doesn't work...when W is in operation.
Ricoh official (most useless inkjet one) engineer comes once over our demo printer every single week... During 4!!! months.....