• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rigid material such as alumalite for short term use?

Border

I am looking for an economical rigid substrate to use for an upcoming project.

we will be mounting prints to 4ft x 8ft panels to cover the entire side of a 53ft trailer that will be used as field office for 3-4 months.

Looking for something like alumalite or nu-alum, nudo, etc. Anyone have any suggestions for a good economical material? Something that won't warp like pvc does of course.

This is going to be a rush project so I am looking for the best solution asap (today).

Thanks!

Marlene

will this be sitting still and not moving down the road, if so maybe look into .040 as it is pretty cheap

tsgstl

Besides the banner option most of these are going to be around the same cost per sheet as max metal from grimco. Unless you go with cheap 3mil coro you might as well just use max metal.

Salmoneye

What about printing on a callendared material with a removable adhesive and slapping it on? It would be cheap, removable any you wouldn't have any damage to the trailer by mounting it. (I know this didn't answer your exact question but still came to mind)

Salmoneye

If you did go with an inexpensive polymetal it sure would be nice to be able to be able to mount them without doing any damage. They might let you come remove them when they are done, you could yank off the removable prints and use the panels again.

Border

Thanks for the tips!
This will be a COLD weather outdoor install so either a banner or prints pre-mounted in the shop to rigid panels. IMO, .040 alum would be too wavy for this particular application and it costs more than the max metal anyways.