• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rip & Cut (ARMS) software needed, I was duped.

jbyrum

Good day everyone!
I'm looking for a good package that will Rip & Cut (contour).
Mutoh VJ1204A
US Cutter 53" Titan 3 (Saga 1350II) ARMS contour cutter
I just purchased the cutter last week and the salesperson told me that FlexiSIGN Pro would manage my jobs and work with this cutter. After several, FRUSTRATING days, US Cutter Support finally told me today that FLexi would not work with the ARMS system. %$*&!!!!!!!

I would like some recommendations for software that will do this and if you have time, please give an explanation as to why you are recommending this particular software.
My budget isn't huge, I do this pretty much as a hobby for niche restorations.

Yes, I know what you're thinking. Why don't I just send the cutter back? Well, I cut up and recycled the box. I know, big mistake! Especially now, knowing that I could buy that exact cutter elsewhere for less than half of what USCutter sells it for. For those of you looking at the Titan series of cutters, and possibly the other models too, I'd recommend that you look at Saga Cutters. Same exact cutter, much lower price.
Thanks in advance!
Jerry

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just checked my version of Flexi and that machine is not listed as a possible set up. Try setting up the cutter in production manager as the Saga 1350II. It may work as the drive should be essentially the same. I used to do this with Roland cutters that didn't have drivers yet and it works most of the time. You could even try using the Titan 2 setup as well as it should be close as well.

You should at least try to get them to take the software back. It obviously does not have the setup for that machine. As a merchant, I would replace it with a working solution or refund that transaction with no hesitation as the likelihood of someone charging back would be almost expected.

jbyrum

I already had the FLexi DX with my Mutoh, had to upgrade to get the cutter functionality. Luckily though, I opted to do the 1 month subscription as a trial before buying FlexiPRINT.

I did try to use the Saga 1350II driver, it will not register/ automatically find the bomb-sights. If I can't get it to work soon, I will push for a return.
Currently, Bonnie at SAI is digging into this for me and I'm hoping that I can get it resolved.

However, if no resolution is found, I will need to look for software that will work.

Thanks,
Jerry

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
From the USCutter page it looks like your plotter is bundled with the RazorCut app.
It shows that it can set up contour cuts and registration marks the ARMs sensor can read.
If you did get the app maybe it can be used for cutting the prints out of Flexi.
I use the bundled Cutting Master software from my Graphtec plotter to do this with Flexi taking care of the printing.
It is pretty easy to set up and allows for a good deal of control over how things get plotted.
See if the USCutter guys have any tutorials or guides you can use to get up and running.

wayne k
guam usa

jbyrum

Thanks for the input Wayne but we buy these machines to make our lives easier and to streamline our workflow so if they don't work with our current toolset it only complicates things. Are there workarounds that I could do to make this work?
Possibly. Do I want to? No.
I was sold the unit with the understanding that it would work and integrate into my current process simply and easily, neither is accurate. I was finally able to talk to someone at USCutter today and we're discussing a swap for something similar that will work and already has tested drivers in Flexi. I really would like to have the Graphtec CE-6000 120 but that's another $1k on top of the Titan 3.
We'll just have to see how this pans out.

Dennis422

I'm guessing you paid with you credit card. Call you bank and dispute the charges and tell them you will return the cutter.
Send the cutter back to US Cutter.

End of story

chucksspeedshop

Titan 3

I wish I had found your post sooner. I'm in the same situation. I had bought the 68" cutter but can't get the contour cuts to work with Flexi. It shows drivers for the Titan 3, but I can't get it to work. Disgusted.

d fleming

It might not work but try giving cadlink a call and they can let you download a 30-day free trial of signlab and see if they have the drivers and necessary software to run the equipment you have.

bobntoms

It might not work but try giving cadlink a call and they can let you download a 30-day free trial of signlab and see if they have the drivers and necessary software to run the equipment you have.

I had the same problem with my 68" Titan 3 when I purchased it in April of this year. I could not get the titan 3 to use the ARMS system at all. Now I have it working pretty well. if you youtube Bob & Tom's Graphics contour cutting, you can see a few short videos of the plotter using the ARMS system and then me weeding the results. The only issue I still have is with the middle registration marks. In the Flexi production manager preview screen it shows the normal L corner registration marks and in the middle T registration marks, however when it actually prints the middle registration marks are straight lines. So I just let the Titan 3 skip them, however it slows down the overall cut time. Does anyone know how to remove the middle registration marks from printing or to have the T marks correctly printed?

If you watch the video and you feel it will help, just respond to this thread and I will help anyway I can.

bobntoms

I had the same problem with my 68" Titan 3 when I purchased it in April of this year. I could not get the titan 3 to use the ARMS system at all. Now I have it working pretty well. if you youtube Bob & Tom's Graphics contour cutting, you can see a few short videos of the plotter using the ARMS system and then me weeding the results. The only issue I still have is with the middle registration marks. In the Flexi production manager preview screen it shows the normal L corner registration marks and in the middle T registration marks, however when it actually prints the middle registration marks are straight lines. So I just let the Titan 3 skip them, however it slows down the overall cut time. Does anyone know how to remove the middle registration marks from printing or to have the T marks correctly printed?

If you watch the video and you feel it will help, just respond to this thread and I will help anyway I can.

I adjusted the setup to have the middle registration marks only print on items over 50 wide. So now I can use the Titan 3 arms system on jobs up to 50" x 50" without any problems. Works flawlessly.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
I adjusted the setup to have the middle registration marks only print on items over 50 wide. So now I can use the Titan 3 arms system on jobs up to 50" x 50" without any problems. Works flawlessly.

Hello there!
Could you please help me with some problem. We recently bought the Titan 3 (SAGA 1350 II actually) but it seems that in our version of Flexi which is basically 12.5 build 2899 there is NO Titan 3 ARMS but the Titan 3 only. So when I try to run it in auto mode it asks me to find the marks manually.

What is the firmware version of your plotter?
Could you please upload the Output Drivers somewhere like G-cloud?

Christian @ 2CT Media

The SAGA direct product doesn't work in any software other than their own bundled either. I tried to help a buddy set his up through flexi, caldera, and onyx and none of them will get the scanner to activate.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
The SAGA direct product doesn't work in any software other than their own bundled either. I tried to help a buddy set his up through flexi, caldera, and onyx and none of them will get the scanner to activate.

I see your point despite it's quite strange though.
I would love to try anyway since Uscutter and SAGA are twins hardware-vise. Basically uscutter is an OEM saga. The only difference is a firmware so I would love to try to upload it to our machine. Either try to use to another Flexi driver. Or both.
So if you have a FW, loader or Titans 3 arms driver in your Flexi could you please share it?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I don't use Flexi, he does and despite SAGA and SAi attempts to help him they finally said their is no complete ARMS driver for Flexi products.

Onyx does not have a complete driver along with Caldera. So Until SAGA writes a driver to control the ARMS system for use in other software, you are stuck using the USCUTTER or SAGA softwares to generate and finally use the cut marks.

V. V.

Inkjet printing guru
I don't use Flexi, he does and despite SAGA and SAi attempts to help him they finally said their is no complete ARMS driver for Flexi products.

Onyx does not have a complete driver along with Caldera. So Until SAGA writes a driver to control the ARMS system for use in other software, you are stuck using the USCUTTER or SAGA softwares to generate and finally use the cut marks.

My friend, I technically have no reason not to trust you but how can you explain this then?

Christian @ 2CT Media

I would andc SAi see if the driver is available to you. I do know for a fact it is not supported in Onyx as I just checked for new drivers.

It shows they support the SAGA and Titan3 but it doesn't not say anything about ARMS support.

My friend, I technically have no reason not to trust you but how can you explain this then?