• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

rip error in flexi

ColorPro

Hi, I hope someone can shed some light on this problem...I am trying to print a panel that is 27'' x 112'' , it is all vector art, in blue, with only two words in a red/ yellow gradient. Sooo simple, yet I get a rip error when trying to print. I redesigned the entire file in flexi, and recolored everything, I can get the blue parts to output, but something about the gradient fills causes an error??? Help please? Thanks!:banghead:

thewood

What version of Flexi are you using? What color mode is the gradient set up as in the design? What do you have your Gradient Rendering Intent set to in the RIP?

I set my gradients up as CMYK gradients since I use a CMYK swatch table typically. And I set the Gradient Rendering Intent to Spot in the RIP. I don't have any issues this way. Although, I have seen "phantom" RIP errors that I couldn't explain. There aren't any transparencies in this file are there?