• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP for GS6000

evie

I am getting the GS6000, what RIP will will run it with the Graphtec 54"? It comes with the ColorBurst, but ColorBurst doesn't support the Graphtec. I currently am using Flexi 8.1 with a Mutoh Falcon and the Graphtec. Thanks

Freese

What is wrong with keeping it Flexi, but just upgrade it?

I think for a print and cut option, especially if you are familiar, Flexi is great because you can use it for independent printing, cutting, or both.

Matt-Tastic

Colorburst includes their cut portion now, but its really wonky to use.

I'd go with upgrading Flexi, since you are used to it.

acothran

Do you happen to use Illustrator or CorelDraw? If so, have you ever tried Graphtec Cutting Master? I used a GS6000 w/ Colorburst and used a Graphtec FC8000 with the Cutting Master plug-in for Illustrator and it worked perfectly. I had no problems cutting standard vinyl or doing print/cut jobs. I used the plug-in with Mac and PC and both Illustrator CS and CS4. It works well and will not require you to spend more money.

evie

I use Illustrator, I will upgrade, I just need to know if it will work with both machines. No one seems to know in the sales dept. where I am buying the GS6000. They did tell me that the ColorBurst does not support the Graphtec, and that there isn't any driver for it to work with the 4.1 Flexi.

Matt-Tastic

You should pick a different vendor if they can't answer a simple questions like "will what i'm buying work with this other thing i want to buy?"

Flexi10 will work with both of your GS6000 & your Graphtec plotter. Cutting Master is a plugin for AI or CorelDRAW that is free from Graphtec, and will allow you to print and cut using the basic Colorburst software. I was told by Larry with Colorburst that for a year or more they have been including the cutting portion of the Colorburst RIP with the GS6000. Again, its there, but its REALLY wonky, and not intuitive to use.

I'll emphasize again, if they can't even answer the most basic of questions, I'd lean towards a vendor who can offer some basic level of support. Advantage Sign Supply is in Fresno I think. There are also several regional vendors in the area who could service you better in the long haul.

CalamityJay

i use flexi 10.5.1 and run a summa, graphtec flatbed cutter, epson gs6000 and am trying to hook up a epson stylus pro9800. flexi works great when you get everything just right. which isn't too tough!

I think having a plug in and using all kinds of work arounds to get files to output is a major pain in the ***!!!

acothran

Cutting Master is a plugin for AI or CorelDRAW that is free from Graphtec, and will allow you to print and cut using the basic Colorburst software.

When I used the GS6000 and the FC8000, I used ColorBurst RIP to print files on my GS6000 and Illustrator, with Cutting Master, to cut vinyl whether standard or printed. So, if I had a print/cut file I designed in Illustrator, I would:

1. Design the file with a print layer, cut layer, and registration marks layer (added by Cutting Master)
2. Save an EPS file with print and registration layers for ColorBurst
3. Print the file
4. Put the print in the FC8000 and follow steps in Cutting Master to cut the file.

This might add a step than if doing it in one program (like Flexi), but it worked well.

evie

Yeah Matt, I called Advantage, and I am working with Wayne now. On the Graphtec, I originally purchased it through Sign Warehouse, and because they put their own print drivers or something on it, it isn't compatible with the Colorburst, or it is a problem from what they say. The Flexi is an 8.1, not a 4.1, sorry for the typo.

Matt-Tastic

Yeah Matt, I called Advantage, and I am working with Wayne now. On the Graphtec, I originally purchased it through Sign Warehouse, and because they put their own print drivers or something on it, it isn't compatible with the Colorburst, or it is a problem from what they say. The Flexi is an 8.1, not a 4.1, sorry for the typo.

OH! you don't REALLY have a Graphtec then, do you? :peace!:

No worries. the Sign Warehouse plotters are pretty shady sometimes. I've had customers who got them and SW took the ARMS sensor out of them (about 400-700 bucks to replace) and shook 200 off the price. They also change the firmware, which makes using them sometimes a pain. But they are supports in Flexi 10 as well. That'd be the best route to go.

Matt-Tastic

I was told that they are graphtecs, I don't really know anymore.

The mechanics are Graphtec, they are built by Graphtec, but they have a custom SW firmware that makes the Graphtec software not work well with them. Also, Graphtec will not support the Q-Series plotters, because they aren't "true" Graphtec plotters.

I used the word Graphtec alot there, didn't I :)

evie

I have an offer to get the Onyx Postershop to use, they would swap me on the Colorburst for an extra 500.00, but I can still upgrade the Flexi, any thoughts please on which way I should go? THanks!

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Onyx

If you don't have Onyx yet I would definitely dive into that. We started with a graphtec print&cut using Flexi and we like Onyx way better! +1 on the Cutting Master plug-in for Illustrator, works great!
Jeremy

evie

Thanks Jeremy, I am ordering it now. I have been down for 2 weeks almost, and I can't wait to get going again!

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
GS6000 Profiles

Thanks Jeremy, I am ordering it now. I have been down for 2 weeks almost, and I can't wait to get going again!
You should also be able to downloaded really good profiles through Epson that they do themselves with Onyx. If not, I'm sure someone on the forum would send you a profile since poster shop can't make profiles.

evie

I hope so, the profiles with the flexi 8.1 and my mutoh falcon were horrible to say the least. I could rarely get the colors close to what I wanted. I can't wait to get the GS6000 and Onyx. I hope it's user friendly, I liked the simplicity of Flexi.