• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP issue...?

Ponto

I've encountered a couple of print issues with .pdf files that utilize masks as a part of the file structure...(ie. the boxes that surround bitmaps situated over solid spot colors).

The Versaworks version is 4.0 and outputting to the XC-540 III... files look OK in AI or Photoshop and I am stumped...am I missing something...?

Any thoughts...????

JP

J Hill Designs

got any photos to show what the issues are? most likely transparency over spot color issue - I believe you need to rasterize

Ponto

It is the transparency issue... but I would expect the RIP to output the file as displayed on screen... and I am questioning how the RIP renders the file...???

JP

Ponto

hmmmm..., I would be led to believe that the final output (ie. the print) would, in effect, mimic the file as represented within a given application

and thanks, by the way, for your input

JP

luggnut

rendering intents... your vectors are set to relative or no color correction and your rasters are set to perceptual.. the transparencies are treated as raster thus render differently than the vectors.

either set your raster and vectors to the same rendering intent (relative most likely will be best) in the RIP or rasterize the whole file......

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think it has to do with the rendering intents - transparency being a raster effect over spot color fills on a vector object.
With Flexi this produces a faint white box around the shadowed - transparent areas.
Use the same intent for both vector and bitmap and it goes away - just have to find which setting gives the best print.
If this is not the issue you are seeing disregard all above....

edit:
to slow someone beat me to it.

wayne k
guam usa

Ponto

Yeah, I get the rationale behind having to rasterize the file but am also under the impression that the RIP should be able to read the transparency information as originally intended... I suppose costlier and more robust software would be capable of this.

JP