• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help RIP Software

IFO Hal

Howdy, y'all! Looking for recommendations- Long story short, I have an old Gerber vinyl cutter. I picked up a printer, and got Flexi to run it and the plotter. The printer is now out of commission, so I'm paying $50 a month to run the plotter. Looking at getting a router table soon. I'm wondering if there is a good software solution to running them both. Or just the plotter. Looked at Printfactory RIP, anyone use that? I use Corel to prep all files, just import the .eps to Flexi and run. Any thoughts?

RandyDe

Howdy, y'all! Looking for recommendations- Long story short, I have an old Gerber vinyl cutter. I picked up a printer, and got Flexi to run it and the plotter. The printer is now out of commission, so I'm paying $50 a month to run the plotter. Looking at getting a router table soon. I'm wondering if there is a good software solution to running them both. Or just the plotter. Looked at PrintFactory RIP, anyone use that? I use Corel to prep all files, just import the .eps to Flexi and run. Any thoughts?
Perhaps scour the used market to see if you can buy an older copy of some RIP software? We have used Sai Flexi in the past with an old Mutoh that died, we used Caldera for years with our 2 HP wide formats and have recently switched to PrintFactory. Honestly I have been so busy with creative work this summer that I sluffed the printing off on one of the other guys in the shop. (Albeit wide format was dead this summer for us). We're starting to pick up again and have been starting training with PrintFactory. I have to say I'm impressed so far and look forward to learning how to calibrate my machines with new or updated profiles with the new rip. (We should be doing this training on Friday).

Stuart Ward

Howdy, y'all! Looking for recommendations- Long story short, I have an old Gerber vinyl cutter. I picked up a printer, and got Flexi to run it and the plotter. The printer is now out of commission, so I'm paying $50 a month to run the plotter. Looking at getting a router table soon. I'm wondering if there is a good software solution to running them both. Or just the plotter. Looked at Printfactory RIP, anyone use that? I use Corel to prep all files, just import the .eps to Flexi and run. Any thoughts?
Hi Hal
This is a long shot, I recently bought an old Gerber Fastrack 650 and although I have software to run it "Signlab 8" and I'm specifically using an old PC so I can use the serial port, I can't get a driver to load.
What driver are you using?
Thanks in advance.
Stuart