• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP Taking forever, How do I know its working???

depps74

I used Flexi Print for my HP 315. I got an order for 80 pics all different sizes and dimensions. Most average about 50-100MB. I put all of them in for a RIP, not happening. Then tried 40 and it hung on 98 for about 30min till I quit it. Then tried 10 and same thing: hung on 98%.

Whats going on? Any tips or tricks appreciated.

bannertime

I would setup a hot folder (setup>setup properties>hot folder) and then drag or copy all the files into it. Then RIP maybe 5-10 at a time.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 226

Saturn

Aging Member
You could try going into the settings/preferences and see if you can set concurrent files to RIP to a lower value that what you have it set at now.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You're out of disk space. The RIP creates very large files paged to disk. Make some space, usually by clearing older printed files from a holding queue.

That's what I was thinking. Especially if you don't have a lot of RAM and the disk is low on storage.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
jpg or tiff?
We export raster images as tif's @ no more than 150dpi using LZW compression. Virtually no difference in quality but a quarter the file size. Yes, as stated we drop into a hot folder and let our print tech arrange for best fit on media etc.