• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RIP Aretha Franklin

Johnny Best

Use to see her as a teenager on America Bandstand, Shindig, Hullabaloo, Ed Sullivan and later on MTV with Pink Cadillac, I will miss her presence. Alexa played her all day for me.

equippaint

Not many will ever achieve her level of fame and career accomplishment. I listened to a segment about her life on CNN today. She was very humble and attributed much of her success to her father. Then went on to say her best achievement in life was being a mother. It just goes to show what is really important in life and how finite it is.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Fox mourned her loss today also. By broadcasting a picture of patti labelle with aretha's name on it.
Saw that.. It was rather pathetic :(
Anyway ...

franklin_aretha.png

Sad day and a great loss to the world of music and to humanity as a whole.

SignsSupport

OADesign

Glad to see this thread here.
Aside from all the feelings about the culture and influence of Mrs Franklin and her music, and the era from which is came I'd like to share a great moment for me.
This is a great moment /memory in geekdom for me.
Franklin, Belushi and Aykroyd dancing in a diner. Still to this day. One of my favorite flicks.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
This is a great moment /memory in geekdom for me.
Franklin, Belushi and Aykroyd dancing in a diner. Still to this day. One of my favorite flicks.

Great moment indeed!

I love when she hammers the hell outta the piano keys. A lot of people don't realize - but she's a prodigy when it comes to piano.
Here's a clip from 60 Minutes interview:

Live performance 1968:

equippaint

So silly..... mean while on CNN Russia Russia Russia :)
While I was referring to the post at hand that has nothing to do with anything else outside of context, I'm a bit surprised that you would be the first to start something political and break forum rules. This right after you got done chastising all of your regular users about breaking the rules and acting unprofessional.
What I'm not surprised about is that you have kept your professional streak of spelling errors like in all of your other posts but I do respect the consistency. Maybe consult with Miss Information next time, I bet she can help fix those. Just so there is no confusion, it is meanwhile, not mean while. In the last post, you corrected Miss Information but managed to miss all of the others just FYI. :)