• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ritrama premium - good? bad?

kanini

We've used Metamark as our primary premium calendered vinyl but now I have a rep trying to push Ritrama premium, it's also a 7-year calendered film with a good price point. It's a tad thinner, 60 mic. vs. 70 mic. for the one we use now, that makes me worried it won't be as easy to apply (large flat surfaces) or hold up as well. Searched the forum and found some older threads that didn't exactly praise their translucent film but this is a normal vinyl. Any points are welcome! Thanx!

Ritrama

They make a decent product that is for surely comparable to a metamark. I see a lot of screen printers use it I don't see much on the digital side even though I know it exists really just depends on where you are I think oh yea and cant forget price .

Mike001

I have found Ritrama to be ok if only screen printing one colour.
For multiple colours, after one or two times through the dryer, registration is a real *******.
Stock shrinks a lot with heat.... and if left overnight unwrapped... will grow a lot.

kanini

Thanks Mike for the points, my use is not for screen printing but for regular cut vinyl application, but it's good to know how it reacts to heat.

CanuckSigns

I'm the one who started the thread about their translucent failing, I've made the decision to never use them again for anything, they have some of the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. Their response to my complaint was only a small step above "f@$k you we don't care"

there are so many decent vinyls out there, price really shouldn't be your only determining factor, oracal 631 is a great film, priced very reasonably and I've never had a single issue in the 6 or so years I've been using it.

kanini

Thank you watsons! I read the thread and sorry to hear about the problems, I have a project coming up that needs 3200 sqft of black cut vinyl so I thought I'd compare prices but for peace of mind I think I'll stick to the vinyl I know works for this and try out new brands on smaller projects if needed, as you say the price difference is not that huge. Thanks again all for the posts!