• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rivet Tools

Mattie_BR

We want to buy a tool to help us installing graphics on box trucks, a rivet tool that can speed-up the process.

I know there are a few options around. Any feedback or recommendations?

Thanks!!

signgirl

I've been seeing a lot about the roller pro. Never used one but tempted. One site I know that has them is USCutter

briansipsy

When using the RollePro, do you use water or lay it dry?
I've never used one before, but we occasionally have to lay vinyl over rivets and we normally use a heat gun and squeegee. Then again we don't do vehicle wraps so we don't normally have to go over an entire row of rivets.

WrapGuy10

I love the RollePro for the most part but sometimes it drives me crazy. I use primarily Avery MPI1105 with DOL 1360z. I occasionally get the flat/burn marks when I get the material a little too warm. But if you don't get it warm enough you won't get a nice roll either. I guess you have to find the perfect in between temperature.

signpro

Manager
torch and rolley-pro is awesome!!
leave an air channel over 3-4 in a row, heat, then roll.
works great!

Rivets - YouTube

here's a link to a video of me from just last week.
pretty much the same as the video above, but here's proof anyone can do it!

the marks left after come out with more heat, or in the sun.
you can see i hit it with the torch quickly and they marks go away, little more heat or sun and they are gone.

technically this is a screw head, so it's larger than a river, rivet should be much smaller.
but lots of people refer to these screws as rivets... i usually do
(that line at the bottom is the paper backing from the bottom portion of material not laid yet)

2B

We will also suggest the roller pro, we use it almost every day and on a wide range of surface, not just rivets