• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RJ900X LOST ALL MAGENTA

benski

If anybody can please share some input.
Fairly new printer minimal use... printed perfect nozzle check for 2 years then suddenly lost magenta. Both channels. There was maybe 10% magenta working. Every time I did head clean it got worse. Now nozzle check shows zero magenta. Then lost 1 channel yellow and got it back. Continued head cleans lost all but black and 1 channel cayan. Dampers have ink inside and lines are all full. Cap station is fairly clean. I clean it regularly. Verified print head not clogged at all.
Dampers never been changed. How can i start losing entire color channels? Can my dampers go bad on all channels that quickly? Mother board perhaps? Running version 1.02. And of course this happens when I finally land few jobs for dye sub apparel...usually how it works. Thanks in advance

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's probably your maintenance station. Usually the cap top just needs to be changed and if your machine isn't very old then that's probably all you need. The pump might be clogged as well so when you change the cap top, while you're in there you might as well flush the pump lines.

benski

Cap top...interesting. I still dont get how I can lose entire channels days following perfect nozzle print. I put solution on it weekly and it even still looks whitish but I have spare ones so will try that. Ive never flushed the pump lines before will try figure that out. Thanks for advice

Joe House

Are you using sealed cartridges or a bulk system? I've seen dye sub inks in bulk systems start to mold, which will clog a head really fast and get worse with cleaning as you're pulling more mold into the dampers and head. Sealed cartridges don't allow air into the system, so have this problem less.
And if you haven't been using it much, the ink is just sitting there, so mold growth is more likely. Also if it's warm, mild growth is more likely.
You're ink manufacturer probably has a flush procedure and cleaning fluid. I would check with them about what to do.
Good luck.
Joe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

benski

Are you using sealed cartridges or a bulk system? I've seen dye sub inks in bulk systems start to mold, which will clog a head really fast and get worse with cleaning as you're pulling more mold into the dampers and head. Sealed cartridges don't allow air into the system, so have this problem less.
And if you haven't been using it much, the ink is just sitting there, so mold growth is more likely. Also if it's warm, mild growth is more likely.
You're ink manufacturer probably has a flush procedure and cleaning fluid. I would check with them about what to do.
Good luck.
Joe

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Joe
Im using bulk system. And I think that may have something to do with it as days prior I refilled all my tanks with ink thats over a year old and already opened bottles. Since refill all this started. Although I pushed some cleaning solution through both magenta channels with syringe and there was zero resistance. May just have to flush entire system . thanks

benski

can anybody point me in the correct direction of what drives the ink from cartridges to the head? Pump or motor?
After removing all dampers the ink went back to the carts. after cleaning cap and flushing 3 tubes on cap i realized ink is not being driven to head. tubes are staying empty after several cleans. thx sorry i dont have service manual

benski

well Ive finally figured out my printing issues so ill post my findings just in case someone has similar issues. prob unlikely though.
I started losing entire channels of ink very suddenly.

replaced head ribbon cable, cap top, then entire cap pump assy, all fuses checked out ok. still no ink being pulled through. head had no cloggage.

Finally removed print head and ran solution through all the channels. While doing this noticed small area on flat surface where all the nozzles are on the very edge of the plate I had a small leak. delamination perhaps. not sure what would cause this but I added very small amount of epoxy on that edge just to verify all my old parts still working and sure enough print came back. The cap top seal goes just on the inside of that delam so when I was doing head cleanings I had no seal to pull the ink. Guess will need new head. Now only question should I flush system and go with all new ink as Im wondering if old ink caused this or just wear and tear. I just dont print enough and it may take me over a year to use up 4L of cmyk...I always knew that could haunt me.