Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rock Work

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by deane, Oct 26, 2012.

1. deane

deane Member

Feb 5, 2007
    Aledo, Illinois
    Here is the solution to a problem my niece had. She lives in a subdivision that does not have city water, so each house has their own well. The well head just happens to be in the front yard and was unsightly. So my brother had me create a hollow rock to sit over the well head.

I used 1 1/2" signfoam, magic sculpt and a grinder and this is what I came up with. I used Nova acrylic paint to finish it.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    very nice!

3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    They make something like that called a "mock rock"....but yours is much cooler.

Very nice job.

JB

4. bernie

bernie Member

May 28, 2008
    No. of Seattle
    sweet!

Bernie

5. TXFB.INS

TXFB.INS Very Active Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Lone Star State
    the coloring is vivid, nice work

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Looks good, what happens when a weed wacker hits it???? Just wait for that call. Just like putting vinyl..eerrr PLASTIC siding on a house.
    Nothing wrong with that, also nothing wrong with living in a trailer-house, vinyl siding=trailer house IMO.
    If you have "vinyl" plastic siding go out in the winter and kick your house and see what happens, mother nature will sooner or later...
    or in warm weather give it a pull.... JUNK!!! No way to defend that.