• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rockhopper 38 bad feeder

DetailsGS

Hi again,
My problem is this: since new the tracking on my Rockhopper has been brutal. If you remove all the blades (wings?) then it will track well but you get inconsistent patterns in your print because the material doesn't fit flat enough.

With the blades on, Even new ones make it pull to one side and the print will end up 2 or 3% shorter than it should be. Obviously this makes paneling impossible.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, DK

DetailsGS

Ok, They all seam tight. It seems to be an issue with the hold down blades themselves. They are either too damn tight or too damn sticky.
i don't see any adjustment option. Is there a way to lubricate them or coat them which might offer less resistance?.......or?

Am i the only one with this problem?

bmatlock5

i had the exact same problem and here is how i stumbled onto the fix by luck: i have a 46" falcon that i have never been able to get to work so it is basically a parts machine. the blades on it are different, on the jr. the backside of the blade is flat and it seemed to bind up one of the rollers and cause the media to scew to one side, but the backside of the 46" blade is not flat, it was kinda like a "U" shape to let the roller have more space. i talked to mutoh and they told me there were two different part numbers for them (why, i will never know). i replaced the jr blades with the 46" blades and all of my rollers are now free my media does not scew. hope this helps.