• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roladn FJ 50 DYE ink

mrfern

Anyone looking to get rid of some old style DYE pigment ink? I need all 6 colors. I have a Roland FJ 50 I want to test a print and need some ink in it. Don't need new ones or full ones just need to buy a set to get in the printer and pull some ink to the dampers to see if the test will spit something out. I am sure I will need to replace the heads, wipers, and capping station but wanted to see it do something other then auto size the media I have loaded in it and test cut the sheet. The test print operation looks cool going back and forth but with no ink those are useless cycles. I found a vendor for around 60 dollars a cartridge but figured someone may have some shelf space they can make a few bucks from and I can get some test ink on the cheap.

Sidebar question. If I purchase bulk ink cartridges replacement I do not need a chip correct?

Thanks for looking.

mrfern :notworthy:

artbot

go to an office depot buy a black cartridge of epson water based ink. fill the caps (clamping the pump lines) with black ink.. the ink should wick up into the head. do a test print. if you want to prove that the electronics are firing at the heads, etc. you certainly don't need carts or cmyk. or you could order a 4oz bottle of any color of lyson ink for about $20.

sfr table hockey

The old Rolands do not need chips and they don't read chips if they are on the carts.

You should get some waterbased cleaning fluid to have on hand as you may be able to get the heads working. I am surprised you can get it to go through the motions unless the carts tab has not popped out to signal an empty cart. Once they trigger the printer the cart is empty then you should not not be able to do anything.

See your PM box.

mrfern

go to an office depot buy a black cartridge of epson water based ink. fill the caps (clamping the pump lines) with black ink.. the ink should wick up into the head. do a test print. if you want to prove that the electronics are firing at the heads, etc. you certainly don't need carts or cmyk. or you could order a 4oz bottle of any color of lyson ink for about $20.

Dude to smart. Awesome. I will give it a test. Thanks.

mrfern :notworthy: