• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland 540 Issue Colour mix

Gnarly

Since a few days my Roland SP540-V has a problem because the colours mix in printhead.
There is magenta in yellow and black in cyan.
The print result is bad. Yellow looks brown and blue is nearly black.
After i do one! medium headcleaning, everything works great.
Both printheads and captops are 3 months old and didn't have done much work yet.
Here is the nozzle-check. On the right side before head clean and
on the left side afterwards:

Attachments

• Nozzle Test.jpg
    Nozzle Test.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 889

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Usually cross contamination is caused by a bad / partially clogged cap top or a weak damper. If the cap top and dampers are older than 1 year, I would just replace them. Also, we've tried many different aftermarket cap tops and they just don't seem to work well. If you are using after market ones, consider switching back to OEM. While your in there, you might as well flush the waste / pump tubes to make sure they aren't partially clogged.

Gnarly

Usually cross contamination is caused by a bad / partially clogged cap top or a weak damper. If the cap top and dampers are older than 1 year, I would just replace them. Also, we've tried many different aftermarket cap tops and they just don't seem to work well. If you are using after market ones, consider switching back to OEM. While your in there, you might as well flush the waste / pump tubes to make sure they aren't partially clogged.

The Captops were replaced with the new heads (~3 months) but they are not original roland.
The Dampers are a litte bit older, maybe 2 years?
Today i cleaned the pump tubes, but it doesnt get better. I think i will replace the captops, the dampers. Should i replace the pump too?

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
I agree with Solventinkjet, we have 2 SP-300V's, same printer, just the smaller model and we've encountered this issue on many occasions, it's always been the cap tops or dampers. As mentioned if you use aftermarket parts (we do), you usually have to replace more often. One big thing I can recommend to prolong the lifespan of those parts is do a normal cleaning everyday and do a manual cleaning once a week, we've had these printers for many years and when we've had people not looking after the machines, we've encountered many issues, so keeping everything tip top will help you in the long run. If you do use after market parts, not sure where you get them from, but I would recommend sign in china, we use them and I find their parts are much better then other after market parts we've tried from other suppliers.

Last edited: